Payment: daily rate for projects/tours & agreed preparation time
Closing date: 28 Feb 2019
Street Orchestra Live, the UK’s first pop-up orchestra is looking for its first assistant conductor. You will assist the artistic director with preparations for tours and projects, help run rehearsals and concerts, and have opportunities to conduct the 40-piece orchestra in concert. You’ll be a key part of the team that makes the extraordinary possible, and help take orchestral music to everyone, anywhere.
Engagement period: May 2019 until July 2019 (3 projects)
- library duties (copying/organising sheet music ready for rehearsals)
- adapt pieces to work for our instrumentation (e.g. re-distributing a bass clarinet part to tenor saxophone)
- assisting in the commissioning and overseeing of new arrangements/works, including helping student-arrangers and student-composers
- attendance at auditions/video audition panels
- assisting the conductor in rehearsals and sectionals
- conducting concerts or sections of concerts
- be part of the tour management team, assisting with stage management, health & safety, and social media
You must be available for all three of the following date periods:
Please only apply if you are available for all those dates. You will also be available for meetings on a regular basis, either in person (in London) or via Skype/Facetime. There may be ad hoc days prior to a project, but these will be flexible to allow for your other commitments.
To apply please send your C.V. and links to video footage/YouTube links of your conducting (this can be orchestral, choral or chamber music). Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org